Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks: The Official Prima Guide

Stratton, Stephen and David Knight. The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks: The Official Prima Guide. Roseville, CA: Prima Games, 2009.

Plot: A guide to Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for the Nintendo DS. When Cole betrays Princess Zelda, a young engineer named Link springs into action to assist the princess. Unlike previous incantations of the Zelda series, players also control Zelda to stop evil forces from taking over the land. Includes maps, item descriptions, enemy guides, and force gem locations. Like most Prima Guides, the book includes official illustrations and character art. Also comes with a map showing secret train routes and rabbit locations.

Genre: Video Game Guide

Reading Level: The game is rated E10+

Similar Titles: The game is a direct sequel to Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Personal Thoughts: What? I wanted to review books that would appeal to tween boys this week. Tween boys like video games. It's that simple. I'm just following the trend. It's not like I purchased the guide at a 15% discount at my favorite video game store after I bought one of the best games of the year for the really cool electric blue DS Lite my family got me for Christmas. It's all about being a professional librarian and providing the best information I can on a variety of resources.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a dungeon to conquer.

No comments:

Post a Comment